[openssl-project] Releases tomorrow

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Mon Aug 13 14:07:02 UTC 2018

On 13/08/18 14:20, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 02:00:47PM +0100, Matt Caswell wrote:
>> Just a reminder that we are doing the 1.0.2p and 1.1.0i releases
>> tomorrow so I will be freezing the repo later this afternoon. If you
>> still have PRs to merge for the release please get them in asap!
>
> Any plans for the -pre9?

Before we can do pre9 I think we need to resolve the following:

- "Updates for RFC8446 (the final TLSv1.3 version)" (PR 6741) needs to
be merged. I have the required approval, just giving Rich some time to
see if he has any further comments.
- The PSK compat issue needs to be resolved (awaiting the results of the
OMC vote)
- I think the ca app usability improvements for EdDSA (PR 6901) should
go in (I have initial approval, awaiting a reconfirm from Viktor)
- If we're going to make any changes for issue 6904 (broken pipe for
clients that only write/server that only reads), then we should do that
- We should resolve issue 6933 (implicit pha enablement breaks existing
apps) - I'm working on a fix for that now.

I'm unavailable this Thursday/Friday, so I'm thinking with all of the
above its going to be next week before we can get a release out. Perhaps
Tuesday 21st August?

Matt