[openssl-project] dropping out

Andy Polyakov appro at openssl.org
Fri Oct 12 12:01:42 UTC 2018

I'm dropping out in a week time. It's not some single recent thing, but
combination. I don't see that my perception of project spirit aligns
with current state of affairs. This goes for both technical aspects and
policies (lack of, and/or their applications). One can probably say that
these are misguided expectations, but that's where I draw line for
myself. Another contributing factor is lack of opportunities to pursue
so to say "fundamental" goals, formal validation of assembly code being
one example. Just in case, I don't know what future holds exactly, but
it's not end of "crypto programming" for me, it's just that I won't be
lending my expertise directly/solely to this project on general basis.

As for my e-mail address. I'd like to argue that it would be appropriate
if it remains working for a while after, at the very least to see
through some of ongoing threads. I promise not to use it in context
other than purely technical.