Fips 140-2 change re X25519

Hubert Kario hkario at redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 17:58:30 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 2 April 2024 17:41:40 CEST, Salz, Rich wrote:
> I admit to being lost in a twisty maze of NIST documents, all
> alike as it were.
>
> Please see https://github.com/openssl/openssl/discussions/22054
> and what conclusion you, and the project, come to.

I don't see that the 3rd of February date changed anything.

X25519 and X448 was not approved, is not approved, it may become
approved at some later time. But even if it does become approved
later, it will require new certification for that code, current
certified modules won't gain it just by virtue of X25519 becoming
an approved algorithm.

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario