[openssl-users] Building FIPS-capable OpenSSL on Linux PPC64

Perrow, Graeme graeme.perrow at sap.com
Tue Sep 27 14:56:25 UTC 2016

I am trying to build FIPS OpenSSL libraries for Linux PPC64 but it does not seem possible. This has been raised before (link below) but I didn't see any resolution.

http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/BUG-FIPS-capable-OpenSSL-fails-to-build-on-Linux-PPC64-td66890.html

I can build it if I run "./Configure linux-ppc64" but it is my understanding that you **must** build the FIPS libraries using "./config" or "./config no-asm". Is there a workaround? Is there a fix coming? Given that the problem is within the FIPS module, is a fix possible without recertification?

Thanks
Graeme Perrow