[openssl-users] Hardware client certificates moving to Centos 7

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at binect.de
Wed Sep 27 12:50:35 UTC 2017

On 09/27/2017 02:07 PM, Stuart Marsden <stuart at myphones.com> wrote:
> Is there a way a can install  a version of openssl on a dedicated standalone
> Centos 7 server which will support these phones?
> That would be preferable to me than having to leave Centos 6 servers just
> for this

I don't know offhand which OpenSSL versions did away with MD5, but you
*can* install an 0.9.8e (+ RHEL/CentOS backported security patches)
straight off CentOS 7 repos:

https://centos.pkgs.org/7/centos-x86_64/openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7.centos.3.x86_64.rpm.html

(There's a 32bit version of the RPM, too, of course, if you need it.)

Kind regards,
--
Jochen Bern
Systemingenieur