[openssl-users] How to use a specific ip interface while testing TLS/SSL connectivity.

openssl at foocrypt.net openssl at foocrypt.net
Sat Feb 9 13:45:33 UTC 2019

HI Rajinder

Perhaps a tunnel may help ?

Have a look at man -s ssh, check out binding to interfaces and setting up a tunnel from one Nic through to your endpoint.

Have a look at nectar or nc as its called these days for listening on the endpoint of the tunnel as your basic http 1.1 server, and redirect the output to a file to see what it is receiving.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/32182/simple-command-line-http-server <https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/32182/simple-command-line-http-server> may help

You could write a quick shell script in KORN and open up a TCP socket connection to your web server and just feed it the raw SSL/TLS packets captured from the hand shake from another session captured with tcpdump, snoop, etc.

Regards,

Mark A. Lane