Openssl Version 1.1.1b fails to compile on Solaris platform(Intel & Sparc)

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Mar 21 14:49:22 UTC 2019

On 3/21/19 7:04 AM, Richard Levitte wrote:
> Tentative fix: https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/8548

I think this was all covered in detail during the beta test releases
and I am certain that last year I was quite vocal that the config files
are wrong for Solaris. The solution is that the user *must* modify the
config files and really there is no other way. The compiler that I
tested with was Oracle Studio 12.6 on a solaris 10 sparc server with
full contract support and thus the libm files were changed.  That was
all covered last year and I think Rainer Orth has been detailed and also
vocal about the libm disaster.

also see :

    Obsolete Solaris 10 support
    https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-10/msg00139.html

So don't expect much in the future from gcc for Solaris 10.

Also see extensive discussions in the OpenSSL archives around the
 Solaris issues :

https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-users/2018-February/thread.html

--
Dennis Clarke