CSR with only public key

Bharathi Prasad barati.j.prasad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 03:56:58 UTC 2019

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt replies. I agree signature from private key should be
present in a CSR. However, as per RFC 2511, Proof Of Possession is optional
though it strongly recommends to have it.

I was able to create the CSR with only public key. I was unintentionally
adding an extra line at the end while writing to a file. That is the reason
for the error. However, i have rectified it and now i am able to view the
CSR contents with openssl req command.

I am yet to check if I can get a valid certificate from my CA. But thanks
for the help.

Regards,
Bharathi

--