Export regulation / EAR 742.15

Michael Langfinger MLangfinger at web.de
Sun May 3 18:14:38 UTC 2020

Hi,

I used my favorite search engine to find out whether this questions was already asked (here), but I just found some old (outdated?) posts, that might or might not be be relevant. Since I am not a lawyer and my legal knowledge regarding export regulation is very limited, I didnt' want to take any chances. Sorry if the following question has already been answered!

I was asked to clarify the classification of OpenSSL in regards to the U.S. export regulations and whether the software is a "public available encryption item" according to the US export administration rules (EAR) 742.15.

Has someone further information on the topic and can help me out?

Thank you!

Michael