email notice [was: Not getting some macros for FIPS]

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Jun 25 20:26:52 UTC 2021

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 10:51:05 +0200,
Tomas Mraz wrote:

> On Wed, 2021-06-23 at 08:12 +0000, Kumar Mishra, Sanjeev wrote:
>
> > Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain
> > information of Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is
> > confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended
> > recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or distribution by others
> > or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If
> > you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
> > immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.
>
> It's a little bit strange to send e-mails with such notices to public
> mailing lists where the intented recipient is _anyone_.

Those notices are a bit amusing, yeah.  Of course, Sanjeev can't be
blamed for this, as we can probably assume that it's a corporate
filter that automagically adds those.

And oh boy!  openssl-users having almost 3000 subscribers, that's
quite a lot of people to chase down and ensure they have destroyed all
copies, I tell ya!  "Good luck" is probably an appropriate response
;-)

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org