OpenSSL 1.1 on OSX

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Fri Nov 19 13:23:01 UTC 2021

I don't use Brew. I've installed OpenSSL-1.1.1 (and 3.0.0) via Macports, and have no problem linking and running apps against 1.1.1.

--
Regards,
Uri

There are two ways to design a system. One is to make is so simple there are obviously no deficiencies.
The other is to make it so complex there are no obvious deficiencies.
                                                                                                                                     -  C. A. R. Hoare

On 11/19/21, 08:03, "openssl-users on behalf of Hubert Kario" <openssl-users-bounces at openssl.org on behalf of hkario at redhat.com> wrote:

    On Friday, 19 November 2021 07:36:24 CET, Grahame Grieve wrote:
    > It's very definitely something active that OSX is doing. Here's
    > an OSX error generated:
    >
    > System Integrity Protection: enabled
    >
    > Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    >
    > Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    > Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    > Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
    >
    > Application Specific Information:
    > abort() called
    > Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned
    > libcrypto dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.

    and you're sure it's trying to load the libcrypto of the OpenSSL 1.1.1,
    not,
    for example a 0.9.8 version of it?

    --
    Regards,