FIPS Client on Windows for 3.X

Dr Paul Dale pauli at openssl.org
Wed Aug 30 00:17:56 UTC 2023

I'll also note that _no_ version of OpenSSL 3.1 is currently FIPS
validated.  Building 3.1 with enable-fips will _not_ give you a FIPS
compliant installation.

To be FIPS compliant, you _must_ build the FIPS provider from the 3.0.0
or 3.0.8 source code releases.
The FIPS provider built there will work with OpenSSL 3.1.

Instructions for this are in the README_FIPS.md
<https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/master/README-FIPS.md> file in
the /Installing the FIPS provider and using it with the latest release/
section.

Dr Paul Dale