[ech] TLSProxy and ECH

Stephen Farrell stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 21 20:18:58 UTC 2023

Hiya,

My possibly incorrect understanding is that the TLSProxy
is a bunch of perl code used for tests, that re-implements
variants of the TLS handshake so they can contain e.g. badly
encoded messages.

Something like that is definitely needed to properly test
ECH, but I don't currently speak perl:-) So I wanted to
check if that perl TLSProxy code is the long term plan or
if it's something felt to be approaching end of life? (I'm
willing to try dive in to it, but don't wanna do that if
some other plan would be better longer term.)

Thoughts?

Thanks,
S.