[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3627] Enhancement request: add more "Protocol" options for SSL_CONF_CTX

Richard Moore via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Dec 8 21:38:42 UTC 2014

On 8 December 2014 at 19:20, Steffen Nurpmeso via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:

> and finally i propose three new values for the "Protocol" slot of
> SSL_CONF_CTX_cmd(): OLDEST, NEWEST and VULNERABLE.

In Qt we've added an enum value for TLS versions that is SecureProtocols so
that we could remove versions as required without requiring apps to be
updated. It's an open question which is more likely to get updated - Qt or
the apps of course. For Qt 5.4 which is due out this week we've removed
SSL3 from this enum so apps will silently get updated to drop support for
it.

Cheers

Rich.