[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3627] Enhancement request: add more "Protocol" options for SSL_CONF_CTX

Steffen Nurpmeso via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Dec 11 13:09:28 UTC 2014

"Salz, Rich via RT" <rt at openssl.org> wrote:
 |> I'd love to see a version of bettercrypto.org that only \
 |> has to say "to configure
 |> OpenSSL version 1.0.3 and higher, you should use the string BEST_PRACTICE"
 |
 |That can happen but not by embedding magic strings into code.  See

But isn't TLSv1.2 also a magic string?
I mean i hope we come to an end with this soon...
But doesn't a OpenSSL library installation _as such_ represent
such an immense combination of magic, regarding the internal
configuration settings..?
I wouldn't have a problem if you would add even more VULNERABLE,
also to other _CONF_ settings.  But i'm simple minded and as of
today "Protocol" is just about anything that my thing is concerned
of.  :-)

--steffen