[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3625] Enhancement request: user convenience for SSL_CONF_CTX with SSLv2

Dr. Stephen Henson steve at openssl.org
Thu Dec 11 15:48:39 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014, Steffen Nurpmeso via RT wrote:

> are hard (not only to parse) for users but there is a lot of
> information for good in very few bytes; sad is
>
>   Received SIGPIPE during IMAP operation
>   IMAP write error: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

OpenSSL itself should never generate that error through (for example)
ERR_print_errors(): if anyone can do that I'd like details and it will be
fixed. If ERR_get_error() returns zero it indicates there is no error in
the error queue if an application doesn't check for that value
and attempts to interpret it as an error code you get the result above...

Steve.