[openssl-dev] Heap corruption in asn1_item_ex_combine_new()

Julien Kauffmann julien.kauffmann at freelan.org
Thu Apr 2 03:01:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

I can confirm that removing those two lines solves the problem.

I actually already tried to add this:

EC_GROUP_set_asn1_flag(group, OPENSSL_EC_NAMED_CURVE);

but while it solved the problem for writing the key, the problem would
still arise while parsing a key generated without the flag (the same
heap corruption).

Anyway, seems to be solved ! Is this change already merged upstream ? Do
I need to create a ticket/make a pull request for this ?

Thank you.

Julien Kauffmann.