[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3827] Suspicious valgrind report

daniel@poradnik-webmastera.com via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Apr 30 11:05:19 UTC 2015

Hi,
I build OpenSSL 1.0.1m on Linux/RedHat with -DPURIFY option and tried
to analyze my app using Valgrind. Thanks to -DPURIFY most warnings
about uninitialized memory are gone, but not all. Remaining ones share
common signature - uninitialized memory comes from stack allocation in
aesni_cbc_encrypt():

==8922== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
==8922==    [cut but cut, various places in my app]
==8922==  Uninitialised value was created by a stack allocation
==8922==    at 0x566D77: aesni_cbc_encrypt (in /path/myapp)

I did not check if this is real bug or unpurified place. Please take a
look on this and fix it.

Regards,
Daniel