[openssl-dev] Mailman version used by OpenSSL is misconfigured and/or broken in relation to DKIM

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Wed Aug 5 13:54:33 UTC 2015

Yesterday, I was alerted by a member of the list that my emails to
openssl-dev are ending up in their SPAM folder.  After examining my emails
as sent out by OpenSSL's mailman, I saw that it is mucking with the
headers, causing DKIM failures.  This could be because of one of two
reasons:

a) The version of mailman used by the OpenSSL project (2.1.18) has a known
bug around DKIM that was fixed in 2.1.19

b) The mailman configuration is incorrect.

I attempted to file an RT to alert the OpenSSL project of this significant
issue.  Unfortunately, I received the following grossly uneducated
response.  Can someone who actually understands email, and why it is
critical that DKIM signed messages sent from list members *NOT* be broken
by OpenSSL's mailman instance please educate whomever the moderator is on
this?  Personally I'd nominate Viktor for that activity.

And then, can someone please fix this issue? :)

Error is: Authentication-Results: edge01.zimbra.com (amavisd-new);
	dkim=fail (1024-bit key) reason="fail (message has been altered)"
	header.d=zimbra.com

Thanks!

--Quanah