[openssl-dev] We're working on license changes

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Aug 6 13:56:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-08-06 at 02:36 +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> A CLA is a way of getting the employee to consider and affirm that they do in
> fact own the copyright to a contribution. Alternatively, the employer can do
> the CLA.

Many projects have started using 'Signed-off-by' to indicate this,
rather than a separate CLA. In some senses it's better because it is
explicitly attached to the submission in question.

But really, a CLA is *not* the biggest barrier to contributing to
OpenSSL, and I can't imagine it ever will be.

--
dwmw2