[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #2464] TLS-RSA-PSK support

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Mon Aug 17 15:54:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 05:37:20PM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> Which ciphers are actually needed by PSK users?  My hope is that
> at this point RC4 and 3DES are not.  It is highly likely that CBC
> AES-CBC is needed, perhaps also Camellia, but the question is I
> think worth asking.

So what's the final resolution of this?  Should we keep or drop
the new PSK RC4 and PSK 3DES codepoints:

    TLS_RSA_PSK_WITH_RC4_128_SHA              RSA-PSK-RC4-SHA
    TLS_RSA_PSK_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA         RSA-PSK-3DES-EDE-CBC-SHA

On a related note (for those also reading the TLS WG list), any
thoughts on deprecating any or all of the kDHr, kDHd, kECDHr, kECDHe
ciphers?

--
	Viktor.