[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4018] [BUG] openssl ocsp command returns exist code 0 even if responder returns error

Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Aug 24 15:42:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

When doing ocsp query using openssl ocsp command bundled with openssl
1.0.2d, and ocsp responder returns non-successful status code (e.g.,
trylater(3)), openssl ocsp command still returns exit status code 0.
I'm not sure this is intentional, but apparently ocsp query is failed
because we didn't get the response back, so it should return non zero
status code.

The attached patch will fix this issue.

BTW, I'm using Debian sid.

Best regards,