[openssl-dev] OpenSSL version 1.0.1q released (corrected download)

Tianjie Mao tjmao at tjmao.net
Thu Dec 3 21:14:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

I agree with Matt.

Looks like you disabled some ciphers but did not run make depend to
reflect dependency changes, notably IDEA, which was exactly where make
had complained. This is not new as in 0.9.x there was already `make
depend' in place.

I can confirm that:
1) Previous releases (1.0.1o for example) have been pre-configured for
target "cc" (in fact, it missed no-asm on x86_64)
2) 1.0.1q won't build at all without running ./Configure

But generally one would configure and customise for their own unique
environment before building a software package from source code, so I
don't think having to ./Configure introduces a big problem, either.

Tianjie Mao