[openssl-dev] URGENT QUESTION - about bn_mul.c

Andy Polyakov appro at openssl.org
Fri Dec 4 22:12:53 UTC 2015

> I have a simple question:
>
> - Is the “*BN_MUL*” algorithm based on *Karatsuba*?
>
> - If YES please confirm, otherwise could you please explain me what
> algorithm is using?

And 'grep Karatsuba crypto/bn/*.c' in not an option? But answer to
question might be irrelevant. Because on most popular platforms most
resource-hungry procedure of modular exponentiation does not use
Karatsuba method, because alternative methods (more notably fusing
multiplication with Montgomery reduction) were found to deliver better
performance.

> Confidential Notice: This message - including its attachments - may
> contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally protected information
> and is intended solely for the use of the designated addressee(s) above.

OP is prohibited to read above message, because it's in formal conflict
with self-imposed restrictions :-)