[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4177] opaque X509 struct issues

Stephen Henson via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Dec 10 16:39:03 UTC 2015

On Thu Dec 10 16:28:39 2015, daniel at haxx.se wrote:

> In the curl project we're accessing the 'cert_info' to find the
> 'signature->algorithm' fields from the X509 and X509_CINF structs [*]
> and we
> can't build with openssl git master or the 1.1.0-pre release.
>
> How can we reach that info using a "proper" API?

You can retrieve the outer signature and algorithm using X509_get0_signature().
The inner form inside the to be signed portion can be obtained with
X509_get0_tbs_sigalg(). See:

https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/crypto/X509_get0_signature.html

Note that both of these take an X509 structure.

Steve.