[openssl-dev] [openssl-team] Discussion: design issue: async and -lpthread

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Thu Dec 17 07:07:18 UTC 2015

Another interesting portable atomics library is
https://github.com/mintomic/mintomic

FYI, I took a stab at a simple portable atomics that uses GCC/clang
__atomic, or __sync, or Win32 Interlocked*, or a single global lock, and
with a fallback to unsafe, non-atomic implementations for no-threads
configurations; adding C11 support will be trivial.  For just
incremdent/decrement and CAS this is really small, and I think that's
enough for OpenSSL for starters.