[openssl-dev] extra data for ec keys

Roumen Petrov openssl at roumenpetrov.info
Tue Dec 22 08:03:02 UTC 2015

Hello,

After merge of ECDH and ECDSA and associating method to EC_KEY I would
like to request some additional functionality.

External cryptographic modules may store addition information to key.
What about to define CRYPTO_EX_DATA for ec keys?
Proposed patch "0008-extra-data-for-EC_KEY.patch" - note that index
CRYPTO_EX_INDEX is with gap in numbering but I would like patch to be
minimal.

I would like to request external applications to be able to change
method - see attached patch "0009-access-EC_KEY-method-property.patch".

Regards,
Roumen Petrov