[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4198] BUG: READ_STATE_MACHINE:excessive message size during handshake

Dave Baggett via RT rt at openssl.org
Wed Dec 23 15:25:51 UTC 2015

OK, let me rebuild against 1.1 and see if I can get you a reproducer or, failing that, a wireshark dump.

Dave

Sent with inky<http://inky.com?kme=signature>

"Matt Caswell via RT" <rt at openssl.org> wrote:

On Wed Dec 23 03:54:19 2015, dmb at inky.com wrote:

> Openssl Version 1.1.0 (master as of 22-DEC-15)

> Mac OS X 10.11.2

> Connection to my SMTP server, which has a 4096-bit RSA key, fails

> with:

> Traceback (most recent call last):

> File "tls/_openssl.py", line 359, in handshake

> error: [Errno 5] 1: TLS handshake with server peer failed:

> error:14160098:SSL routines:READ_STATE_MACHINE:excessive message size

I've just tried this with s_server/s_client and a 4096 bit RSA key and I am

unable to recreate this issue. Are you able to send a wireshark packet capture?

Thanks