[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4194] engine command regression in 1.1

Roumen Petrov via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue Dec 29 19:04:23 UTC 2015

Salz, Rich via RT wrote:
> I don't know that I would call it a regression, but rather a difference. :)
> I'll fix the summary but not the old uncommon behavior.

Unlike other commands engine is flexible and documented behaviour (see
As result in samples first is engine name then commands.
Just search in internet for samples - expect some recent openssl
tutorial almost all other samples use name before options.

Request is only for engine. It is not for speed command for example.

This is reason to call issue regression.

Regards,
Roumen Petrov