[openssl-dev] The evolution of the 'master' branch

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Wed Feb 4 14:28:24 UTC 2015

> Not sure if my questions are already answered. But I'll go ahead and ask
> them...

All excellent questions.  As Matt said, we don't know yet.

> Or would there be the "public headers" for applications? And than the
> "private headers" for version bound extensions that need to access the
> internals?

Yes, a service-provider interface is common.  I would be surprised if we get something that covers all desired extensibility points in the first release. I would think ENGINE is the most likely first one.  Yes, this means that adding new algorithms, etc., might become harder or even not possible without source code, at first. But that is just my opinion and maybe I'll be proven wrong.

What extensibility points are most needed?