[openssl-dev] Signing individual attachments?

Hilarie Orman ho at cs.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 5 16:39:56 UTC 2015

Does openssl have support for S/MIME signatures on individual attachments?
I would like to have attachment1 signed with identity1, attachment2 signed
with identity2, and the whole message signed with identity3.  Email readers
seem to get confused by this (but, I might have made a mistake in
constructing the test message).

I think I can use openssl command line options to deconstruct such a
message and verify the individual parts, but is there a single command
that would handle it?

Hilarie Orman