[openssl-dev] Seeking feedback on some #ifdef changes

Brian Smith brian at briansmith.org
Tue Feb 10 22:55:55 UTC 2015

Salz, Rich <rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:
>         OPENSSL_NO_CHAIN_VERIFY
>         OPENSSL_NO_RFC3779
>         OPENSSL_NO_TLS
>         OPENSSL_NO_TLS1
>         OPENSSL_NO_TLS1_2_CLIENT
>         OPENSSL_NO_TLSEXT
>         OPENSSL_NO_X509
>         OPENSSL_NO_X509_VERIFY

Please continue to make it possible to build the crypto part of
OpenSSL, without the X.509 and SSL/TLS code. There are lots of uses of
OpenSSL that don't need that code.

Actually, I'd prefer if it were possible to build without any of the
ASN.1 code too, but I understand that is messy because the EVP
interface assumes the ASN.1 parser is available. But, building without
X.509 and SSl/TLS support should be easy to continue to support.

Cheers,
Brian