[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3715] Possible bug in openssl 64 bit version

Andy Polyakov via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue Feb 24 21:36:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

> Are you aware of the file system redirector on Windows for running 32
> bit applications on a 64 bit OS ?
> The issue could be that you're testing two completely different
> binaries, one 32 bit and one 64 bit, hence the different result.

I would actually put as "the issue *is*", as opposite to "could be" that is.

> Try to test text-only files.

Well, this can be a little bit misleading advice. Because problem
obviously is not with content of the files, but their location. Indeed,
if you copy a file from system32 to some other location that is not
redirected, say %TEMP%, then you will observe consistent results if you
try to hash it with either binary.

> Please see
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa384187%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
> for more information.