[openssl-dev] OpenSSL source reformat

Benny Baumann BenBE at geshi.org
Tue Jan 6 17:43:24 UTC 2015

Hi Matt,

first of all:
THANK YOU!

This has been overdue for ages!

Just a small tweak that would be nice I'd like to see would be to
always have block markers for loops and conditions. The lack of those
was one of the many pitfalls with the old source especially as the
indentation had been off by one level in contrast to common rules.

Including the the block markers (AKA curly brackets) at all times even
for single statements has two advantages:
- - You always have a block grouping statements to the proper statement
- - You won't create a Apple-Style Goto Fail that easily

AFAIK indent should support adding all of them automagically;
otherwise astyle is another powerful solution.

Anyway:
BIG THANKS for finally making the code readable*.

Kind regards,
BenBE.

*Comprehensible is a different kettle of fish ;-)