[openssl-dev] OpenSSL coding style published

Jonathan Larmour jifl at eCosCentric.com
Tue Jan 13 21:20:11 UTC 2015

On 13/01/15 19:50, Salz, Rich wrote:

> As Matt mentioned in earlier mail, we will be reformatting all release
> branches.  See his message[1] for sample output and pointers to the
> script.  The target date for doing this is “very soon.” J

One concern I have is that I, and no doubt others, look through the diffs
between OpenSSL releases to see what the ramifications of changes are. If
important changes are mixed in with wholesale cosmetic reformatting, that
is going to be much harder to do.

There are a number of ways round this, but may I suggest that the reformat
be one of the last, if not the last, git revision before the next release.
Or equivalently, one of the first changes _after_ the next release. That
way, we can see the substantive changes coherently.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine