[openssl-dev] [openssl-announce] OpenSSL version 1.0.2 released

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Thu Jan 22 22:56:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:34:35PM +0100, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:

> Since noone else seems to say a word.
> I personally didn't understand at all why v1.0.2 when its
> end-of-life is in sight already.  Now you have to continue to
> track three active branches.  But this is your problem of course.

You're confused.  EOL has been announced for 0.9.8 and 1.0.0.  No
EOL has been announced for 1.0.1 (IIRC) and definitely not for 1.0.2.

> What i _really_ don't understand is why 1.0.2 is delivered with
> false documentation (not only "int SSL_CONF_finish(SSL_CONF_CTX
> *cctx);") etc., especially given that there are bug reports.

I would avoid throwing around words like "false" in this context.
However, there are likely still documentation bugs and ommisions,
problem reports are welcome.  Not all past documentation sins have
as yet been corrected.

--
	Viktor.