[openssl-dev] Seeking feedback on some #ifdef changes

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Fri Jan 23 21:57:27 UTC 2015

> The only one of all those that matters (to me) is OPENSSL_NO_SSL_INTERN since that provides a way to anticipate the effects of this API change. I'm fine with it going, but it needs a specified replacement (even if the replacement is we'll do that by default). Currently for example Qt won't build with OPENSSL_NO_SSL_INTERN defined since there are fields used for NPN that we need (iirc).

I hadn't thought of it as being a "preview" for what we plan to do.  I guess it makes sense to keep it, at least until we have a preview of some kind that lets folks start building in the New World Order.

Thanks!
--
Principal Security Engineer, Akamai Technologies
IM: rsalz at jabber.me Twitter: RichSalz