[openssl-dev] [openssl-announce] OpenSSL version 1.0.2 released

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Jan 23 23:16:27 UTC 2015

On 23/01/15 15:30, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Fri 2015-01-23 06:19:14 -0500, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
>
>> And i think we are all looking forward to see what the future
>> brings.  (Myself even starves for documentation [coverage]
>> improvements.)
>
> fwiw, OpenSSL documentation is pretty easy to read and to edit.  If you
> notice that things are missing, you can edit the docs, and submit
> patches either on this mailing list, on the rt bugtracker at
> https://rt.openssl.org/, or as a pull request via github:
>
>  https://github.com/openssl/openssl

Just to clarify: the correct way to submit patches is via rt (i.e. email
rt at openssl.org). This will automatically get sent to the dev list. Don't
send them direct to the dev list. You can also submit via github...but
if you do, you should still send an email to rt with a link to the pull
request. RT is considered our master list of tickets...if it's not in
there its liable to be forgotten about.

For minor tweaks to the documentation you can also make edits on the wiki:

Changes on the wiki are periodically collected together and reviewed
like any other patch:
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Main_Page

See the "Reference" section on the wiki main page.