[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3675] Fix key wrapping mode with padding to conform to RFC 5649

Petr Spacek via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Jan 26 18:03:01 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm attaching patch which fixes key wrapping mode with padding to conform to
RFC 5649.

According to RFC 5649 section 4.1 step 1) we should not add padding if
plaintext length is multiple of 8 ockets.

This matches pseudo-code in http://dx.doi.org/10.6028/NIST.SP.800-38F
on page 15, section 6.3 KWP, algorithm 5 KWP-AE, step 2.

Alternatively the same patch can be pulled from branch rfc5649_fix on Github:
https://github.com/spacekpe/openssl/commit/69a37391f4a82855246fd86ddfb0c6bb47c36855

Have a nice day!

--
Petr Spacek  @  Red Hat