[openssl-dev] Is X509_V_FLAG_TRUSTED_FIRST safe to backport to 1.0.1

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Tue Jan 27 15:02:24 UTC 2015

On 15/01/15 17:06, Fedor Indutny wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Thank you for reply.
>
> May I ask you when do you think your patch may land in 1.0.2 or whatever?
>
> If this is something of your long term goals and not going to land
> anywhere soon. Could you please tell me about issues in my patch (either
> privately or in publiс)?

My apologies for the delayed response. Things went a bit mad for a while
with releases and the source code reformat, and I completely forgot
about this email :-(

I am hoping my patch will land in master (which means 1.1.0...aiming for
an end of year release).

I will add some notes to your RT ticket regarding your patch.

You can see my draft patch here:
https://github.com/mattcaswell/openssl/commits/late-check-trusted-v2

This is still going through review so may change.