[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3944] OpenSSL command line tool feature request

P Holder via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue Jul 14 22:12:17 UTC 2015

Right now, if I do add randomness from a file I get, for example:

OpenSSL> rand -rand r:\temp\randgen.bytes 0
10 semi-random bytes loaded

I'd like the option to remove the step the causes "Loading 'screen'
into random state - done" if I supply my own file.  I have a true
random number generating HSM and I don't need the screen input and in
the case I am have, I can't guarantee the "quality" of the screen, so
want it excluded.

Thanks for any consideration.

Paul