[openssl-dev] OPENSSL_NO_xxx cleanup: RFC3779

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 23 16:25:56 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-07-23 at 16:23 +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:

> > Hm, that hurts. The UEFI build was using that, as it doesn't
> > provide a
> > strspn() function. And doesn't need or want this functionality.
>
> Hm.  There's always going to be some extensions that not everyone
> wants...  No good ideas here.

This one is particularly problematic because we don't have strspn().

If I were to resurrect it as part of the patchset to make the UEFI
build work sanely, would you object to that?

It's also been suggested that certain things could be elided simply by
OPENSSL_SYS_UEFI rather than OPENSSL_NO_xxx. But I really don't like
that idea very much.

--
dwmw2