[openssl-dev] Do you use EGD or PRNGD?

Randall S. Becker rsbecker at nexbridge.com
Mon Jun 1 17:42:47 UTC 2015

On June 1, 2015 10:03 AM Rich Salz wrote:
> We are thinking of removing support for EGD (entropy-gathering daemon) in
the next release.
> None of our supported platforms have needed it for some time.  If this
will cause
> an issue for you, please reply soon.

While HP NonStop is not officially supported, I have been helping to
maintain a fork for the platform since December and are current through
1.0.2a. We do use prngd. I am looking for ways to get back on the official
platform list, looking for alternatives to prngd for that platform, and
trying get vendor by-in in this area.