[openssl-dev] Do you use EGD or PRNGD?

Richard Levitte richard at levitte.org
Mon Jun 1 19:52:41 UTC 2015

In message <48ce1b94ef3648d990a5e253a8992fec at ustx2ex-dag1mb2.msg.corp.akamai.com> on Mon, 1 Jun 2015 18:33:01 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <rsalz at akamai.com> said:

rsalz> > While HP NonStop is not officially supported, I have been helping to maintain
rsalz> > a fork for the platform since December and are current through 1.0.2a. We
rsalz> > do use prngd. I am looking for ways to get back on the official platform list,
rsalz> > looking for alternatives to prngd for that platform, and trying get vendor by-
rsalz> > in in this area.
rsalz>
rsalz> Thanks for the info.
rsalz>
rsalz> One possibility is to have a separate program use prngd and write it to a RANDFILE that openssl uses.  Probably servers are the most important users, and you could/should have one file per server ...

I'd like to remind people of the possibility to make an engine module.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte                         richard at levitte.org
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/