[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3896] unable to install to openssldir

nick@mozilla.com via RT rt at openssl.org
Fri Jun 5 05:01:03 UTC 2015

Hi all, I'm trying to build openssl-1.0.2a as a static lib out of
source.  I'm on OSX 10.10.3.  Here's what I'm trying:

curl -O https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz
tar xvfz openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz
cd openssl-1.0.2a
mkdir build
./Configure darwin64-x86_64-cc no-ssl2 no-ssl3 no-idea no-shared no-npn
no-psk no-srp --openssldir=./build
make depend
make
make install_sw

`make install_sw` fails with:

making install in crypto...
cp: build/include/openssl/crypto.h: No such file or directory
chmod: build/include/openssl/crypto.h: No such file or directory
cp: build/include/openssl/opensslv.h: No such file or directory
chmod: build/include/openssl/opensslv.h: No such file or directory
cp: build/include/openssl/opensslconf.h: No such file or directory
chmod: build/include/openssl/opensslconf.h: No such file or directory
cp: build/include/openssl/ebcdic.h: No such file or directory
chmod: build/include/openssl/ebcdic.h: No such file or directory
cp: build/include/openssl/symhacks.h: No such file or directory
chmod: build/include/openssl/symhacks.h: No such file or directory
cp: build/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h: No such file or directory
chmod: build/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make: *** [install_sw] Error 1

when I ran `make depend` I saw lots of what looked like lots of errors
printed out:

making depend in crypto...
makedepend: warning:  cannot open "x86_64"
makedepend: warning:  cryptlib.c (reading ../include/openssl/bio.h, line
67): cannot find include file "stdarg.h"
   not in ./stdarg.h
   not in ../stdarg.h
   not in ../include/stdarg.h
   not in /usr/include/stdarg.h

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but what?

--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers