[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3897] request: add BLAKE2 hash function (let's kill md5sum!)

Zooko Wilcox-OHearn zooko at leastauthority.com
Tue Jun 9 00:19:56 UTC 2015

> I'd support adding 2b and 2s, in spite of the fact that the names are really really bad.  I'm less interested in seeing the parallel variants added.  FWIW.

Well, the reason I'm here is that the GNU coreutils maintainers rely
on openssl for high-performance crypto, and blake2sp might be the best
algorithm for the new "b2sum" tool, which I hope will replace "md5sum"
in the toolboxes of system administrators everywhere.

Regards,

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn

Founder, CEO, and Customer Support Rep
https://LeastAuthority.com — Freedom matters.