[openssl-dev] ssl_sess.c : compilation error

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Jun 9 03:09:43 UTC 2015

On Sun 2015-06-07 16:16:24 -0400, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> You can set a callback on the creation of a new session.  See the
> SSL_CTX_sess_set_new_cb() manpage.  The SSL_CTX_sess_get_new_cb()
> get function returns that callback function back.
>
> There are no internal users in OpenSSL as far as I can see.  There
> might be code using OpenSSL that uses it, but I don't think that's
> very likely.

The only mentions of SSL_CTX_sess_get_new_cb are packages that bundle or
replicate OpenSSL code:

  https://codesearch.debian.net/results/SSL_CTX_sess_get_new_cb

SSL_CTX_sess_set_new_cb, otoh, is widely used (ruby, apache, courier, etc):

  https://codesearch.debian.net/results/SSL_CTX_sess_set_new_cb

Debian's archive, of course, is not all free software.  But it's a
pretty wide sampling of a lot of useful free software.

        --dkg