[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3897] request: add BLAKE2 hash function (let's kill md5sum!)

Yoav Nir ynir.ietf at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 10:15:38 UTC 2015

That shouldn’t be too difficult (finding reviewers, I mean).

Is the ISE asking for volunteers to review? What kind of volunteers?  IMO what a reviewer needs to be able to say is:
 - The document is clear (you can implement based on this)
 - The algorithm might be useful in the IETF
 - The security claims are sufficient to what IETF protocols need
 - The security claims are backed up by either peer-reviewed academic papers or equivalent

So there’s a lot of people who can do all that. You don’t even need real cryptographers, although having at least one would be good. What is holding things up?

Yoav