[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3897] request: add BLAKE2 hash function (let's kill md5sum!)

Bill Cox waywardgeek at google.com
Thu Jun 11 18:53:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Samuel Neves <sneves at dei.uc.pt> wrote:

> Andrew Moon's code, linked  by Zooko, appears to be that (though the
> implementation is different from mine) plus some extra massaging to handle
> different calling conventions and ABIs. It is pretty good.

Just adding Andrew Moon (who hopefully is available) to the conversation.

Andrew, I have some cycles to help integrate Blake2s and Blake2b into
OpenSSL.  I see you've done a ton of work optimizing Blake2 in assembly for
different platforms.  Which code would you recommend starting with for
OpenSSL?  I see lots of SSE and AVX/AVX2 support in OpenSSL for SHA512, as
well as ARM v4, v8 (and others).