[openssl-dev] available tests drivers for OpenSSL

Hubert Kario hkario at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 13:20:05 UTC 2015

On Monday 15 June 2015 12:14:47 Pascal Cuoq wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a C interpreter that uses existing tests to find more issues
> than simple execution does. In that it is comparable to Valgrind or UBSan.
> It has different enough strengths and weaknesses compared to these existing
> tools to make it worth using in addition to them, too.
>
> This C interpreter is already able to work its way through a majority of the
> tests in OpenSSL's test directory, and indeed to find issues that occur
> during the execution of these tests (RT #3891). I was wondering whether
> anyone had, as a readily available artefact of fuzzing or quality assurance
> campaigns, some additional test drivers beyond but in the same style as
> those inside the archive.
>
> Tests for derived libraries such as LibreSSL or BoringSSL would also be
> interesting.

not yet ready, but I'm working on a generic test suite for TLS:
https://github.com/tomato42/tlsfuzzer/

the basic idea behind it is to have a non RFC compliant server or client and
seeing if the peer responds correctly to malformed messages (In other words,
it can very easily test openssl s_server process). I don't know if that
matches the expected environment of your tool.
--
Regards,
Hubert Kario